Among the eclectic treats and surprises in The Conscious Cook, people of all appetites and motivations will delight in:
- A simple recipe for the magic ingredient that makes it easy to fill raviolis, thicken soups and sauces, top off desserts, and live without dairy: cashew cream.
- Finger foods fit for a cocktail party, a potluck, or a Super Bowl spread, including innovative twists on classics, like Artichoke and Oyster Mushroom Rockefeller.
- Sensational salads pairing great homemade salad dressings, from Champagne Vinaigrette to a Parmesan-free Caesar, with vegetables beyond lettuce.
- Wholesome, rich, creamy, and hearty soups, from Tomato Bisque to Split Pea with Tempeh Bacon and Chipotle Cream.
- Pointers on cooking with top quality premade products, like gardein™, a garden grown protein with the texture and taste of chicken, steak, or pork that will fool everybody.
- Vegetarian sandwiches that truly eat like a meal, from a gardein™ “Steak” with Horseradish Mayonnaise to Cajun Portobello with Avocado and Rémoulade.
- A striking array of really satisfying vegan entrées, from quick and casual to elaborate, including Old Bay Tofu Cakes with Pan-Roasted Summer Vegetables, Artichoke Ricotta Tortellini with Saffron Cream Sauce, Tempeh Creole, gardein™ “Chicken” Scaloppini with Shiitake Sake Sauce, and Paella with “Sausage.”